Tuesday, December 3, 2013

A Holiday Apron for Mrs. Santa Claus


It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas at my house and the North Pole. Mrs. Santa is planning some great holiday entertaining so she can show off her new apron. You can too if you use my newest pattern to make your own holiday apron.  You can purchase "A Holiday Apron for Mrs. Santa Claus" in my craftsy pattern store. Click above or on the photo to get there.

The apron is trimmed with knit fleece at the neckline and ruffle. I took advantage of the stripe and cut the bib and ruffle with stripes running horizontally. However, you can cut it as one piece instead of two, using the pattern pieces provided in the pattern. You can use a stripe, a solid, or other holiday print of your choice. You can also eliminate the ruffle if frilly isn't your style. Directions are included for both versions with clear step-by-step illustrations and photos Pretty pearl buttons and buckle (or gold or silver if you prefer) add the final finishing touches. The one-size pattern will fit most. Why not make two while you're sewing--one for you and one to give away.


Use it for Holiday Decorating


 I posed the finished apron on my antique dress form and decided it made a  great holiday decoration for my sewing room. I don't use my project photo  samples, so I'll tuck the apron away with my holiday decorations when I  "untrim" my tree. I hope to finish decorating today. It's taking me longer due  to my back injuries, but it's a labor of love. I just have to pace myself!

This year I am looking at every ornament before hanging it and if I don't truly "love it," I am setting it aside to share with my grandbabies (now 3 and 5 and not really babies). They will be here in a few days to help decorate the small tree I bought when Kendall was a year old. It will be fun to watch them put the ornaments in their just right place!

In case I don't get back to blogging until after the holidays, I hope yours are cheery and bright, filled with laughter and love! The New Year is just around the corner and I have lots of ideas waiting to stitch and share!

Until next time,
Keep on sewing, quilting, and crafting!
Barbara

No comments: