Wednesday, November 20, 2013

Make a Jingle Trees Christmas Apron...

...just like this one my Grandma made! She made lots and lots of aprons in the 1950s for family and for her church bazaars. I can't remember ever seeing her without an apron. She loved to cook and she really loved sweets, so I could always count on cookies at her house. And when we moved a thousand miles away, we knew there would be a big box of grandma's sweet treats in the mail for Christmas! So, this pattern is a tribute to her. 

Not too long ago, my dear Mom called to ask if I wanted some of the linens from her hope chest. Of course I said yes, but I didn't know that Grandma's sweet Christmas apron would be in the box too. I just couldn't resist reviving the pattern for my readers at this special time of year. I don't have many of Grandma's things so it was a special surprise to receive it from Mom.

In tribute to Grandma's love for sweets, the pattern includes my favorite recipe for decorated sugar cookies. What fond memories this apron evokes of my loving and selfless Grandma!

There's still time to make one of these aprons for yourself to wear during the holidays. Like this and all of my patterns you'll find the PDF downloadable pattern in my pattern store at Craftsy.

Until next time,
Have fun stitching, quilting, and crafting!
Barbara

No comments: